updated October 4th, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE – applications accepted until position is filled.
40 hour per week with benefits
Salaried position: $55,000
Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Rachel’s Table of Western Massachusetts alleviates hunger and reduces the waste of food in Western Massachusetts. Through food rescue, purchase, gleaning, and partnering with those who are most affected by food insecurity to grow their own food, we create a holistic approach to food security that responds directly to the growing need. Our values are informed by Jewish roots of justice and equity.
Rachel’s Table of Western Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for day-to-day coordination, management and updating of the ongoing volunteer rescue and purchase operations of Rachel’s Table, as well as assisting the Director in oversight and management of new programming and community partnerships.
Operations Management and Facilitation
· Responsible for day-to-day operations of food rescue, volunteer coordination, and communication between food donors, recipient agencies and volunteer drivers.
· Facilitates, coordinates, and troubleshoots for traditional ongoing 6-day-a-week food rescue and Food Bank Partnership rescue.
· Coordinates specialty programs that enhance daily operations.
· Creates and disseminates weekly distribution updates for dispatcher/drivers.
· Assesses and upgrades rescue and purchase programs, enhances and streamlines operations.
· Recruits and supervises RT volunteers with facilitation of food recovery and purchase programs.
· Works in team with staff to ensure food rescue, purchase, gleaning, and growing programs are operational.
· Oversees and coordinates volunteer Operations Task Force and subgroups regarding volunteer management, Van operations, bringing on new Food Donors and recipient Agencies, and other operations matters.
· Acts as Driver/Dispatcher when a volunteer is not able.
· Completes timely reports and keeps updated records pertaining to operations and volunteer management.
· Supervises and maintains quality control over online food donation data input.
· Performs data analysis from donations for purposes of equitability and frequency of distribution of healthy, nutrient-rich food.
Volunteer and Agency Stewardship
· Operates as first contact for all volunteer-related inquiries.
· Responsible for volunteer training, recruitment, and retention.
· Communicates with volunteers to support their contributions to daily operations.
· Adds operational information to monthly volunteer newsletter and to quarterly donor newsletter.
· Revise and renew Volunteer Handbook with the Operations Task Force and RTWM staff.
· Communicates with recipient agencies and food donors for the purpose of updating food needs and availability, ServSafe certification, special projects, new programs, and holiday closures.
· Assists staff in oversight of operational needs of Gleaning and Growing Gardens, and occasional interface with Teen Board projects.
· Participate in committees as needed and report monthly to RT Board and quarterly to RT Professional Advisory Council.
· Other duties as required, including but not limited to support with office management, data entry, grant administration, marketing, development, aiding bookkeeping efforts, special program oversight, and other additional duties in accordance with Rachel’s Table’s needs.
· Commitment to the mission of food rescue and hunger alleviation and/or to human service work.
· Excellent people skills and the ability to work with and lead people of all ages, especially elder volunteers.
· Experience in operations management.
· Exceptional time-management and organizational skills and ability to maintain detailed records, complete necessary paperwork, follow through tasks and meet deadlines.
· Experience and/or comfort level in using online data management systems.
· Ability to train others, oversee continuous process improvement, and develop and implement plans for optimization of operations.
· Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with and to motivate and support supervisors, staff, volunteers, food donors and recipient agencies.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to be certified in safe food handling practices.
· Ability to drive their own vehicle and/or RT refrigerated van upon occasion for work.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, including but not limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Professional demeanor always.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, three to four years’ experience in a related field, along with some college level course work may be acceptable. Experience in managing operational systems and in coordinating volunteers with a collaborative approach is required.
This position requires in person attendance at 1160 Dickinson St., Springfield. This position will report directly to the Executive Director of Rachel’s Table.
Please send a resume, including 3 work references, and a cover letter to Jodi Falk, Executive Director of Rachel’s Table of Western Massachusetts, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until position is filled.